Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to School

Well, I did it. I registered for classes, and I start tomorrow. Wanna know what's funny? The first time I went to college I declared "education" as my major. After years and years in the classrooms of my own children, I realized it wasn't for me. However I did NOT remember changing my major to "psychology". I must have lost my mind. Or at least my memory, because when I registered this time, I had no memory of "officially" changing it to psychology. ANYWAY. I will have my CNA by the end of May with heavens help! I'm excited, nervous,
and grateful. I have chatted with a few others in the program with heartbreaking stories. One woman's husband is terminally ill. She is hoping to learn the skills necessary to keep him home until the end, and then able to support her family after he passes. Another hasn't been able to pay her mortgage for 6 months, and has 3 small children. Another woman's husband has been unemployed for 2 years, and she doesn't have much hope of anyone hiring him since he's 59 now. As nervous as I am, I am grateful for the opportunity.
Lucky me!
xoxo
Cyn

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. You will LOVE it and good CNA's are always needed. Keep us posted on your progress. Congratulations and good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fabulous! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cynthia!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK!!!!! Better you than me. LOL You will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to school!?!? did you get to go back to school shopping. i hope so. how cute! have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! you are such a good woman.....being prepared is so smart!!!!! I hope the test went well and that you will be fabulous in your job. I know you will. I am amazed with your perservrance and strength. You are a strong woman and have done well......you go girl. So prou of you.

    ReplyDelete