Sunday, March 6, 2011

MARCH

I love March. I have ever since I was a child. I've always thought that was because it
is my birthday month. As I've gotten older, I realize I love March for many reasons.
St. Patricks Day. What a fun holiday! I remember getting to make calendars in school for each month, and how fun it was to draw rainbows and pots of gold. I loved the stories and activities
that went along with March. What's not to love about learning Irish folk tunes, hearing stories of mischevious leprechauns, and searching for a "four leaf clover" in my own backyard. Magical.
March birthdays in Utah meant it could either be lovely springtime weather or cold and snowy weather. It would seem as though the elements were playing tug of war, and I would wait until my birthday to declare the winner. I love that March no matter the weather, is associated with Spring. I LOVE Spring! I love the new green grass, the buds on the trees, and the feelings of
awakening and freshness. I believe this transcends just weather patterns. I believe peoples brains are buzzing with new ideas and souls are stirring with exictement. I feel an energy in March that is undeniable. We will welcome a new baby in our family this March. My sister becomes a grandmother for the first
time! How excited we are! A girl who will (hopefully) share my March birthday. After all,
what could be better than a March birthday?

xoxo
Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment