Monday, October 12, 2009

Seasons Change.







This is something that has been on my mind alot lately.
I feel like there are to be some big changes coming for us.
Maybe it's because I realize that my second daughter is about
to leave the nest, and it reminds me that I'm on the downhill
slide of having children around. In as few as 6 years, the baby graduates, and then what? Is it the economy, and thinking I need to be able to help support our family if need be?
I don't know. I am looking at going
back to school, but then the demons from my youth come back.
The fears, the self doubt, the NIGHTMARES of math, and knowing
I could not pass a math class to save my life. What to do? I am still
young, and I know that another season of life is fast approaching, and
I'd like to be doing something for the next 20 years that I want to do.

Yikes! It's both thrilling and terrifying at the same time. I try and
remind myself that I can do this, it's just those empty places in my
mind that fill with doubt. I wonder how to teach my girls to deal with
this as young women, when I know it could be a lifelong struggle that
sometimes I don't even know how. Then, I receive yet another
"tender mercy" from my H.F. when I see this
article, and I know he is listening.

I took the girls to Mt. Charleston last week to see the seasons change.

xoxo
Cyn

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Cynthia! So well written... The thing I am realizing is how FAST those seasons change. Where once I was a young newlywed thinking how far off having babies was, that season of having babies may be over or nearly over for me and it's a big transition for me. Thanks for the article link!

    ReplyDelete