Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!















My favorite Valentines Day happened in 1999.





We had been given a trip for Christmas by Phillip's





boss to San Diego, and we decided to use it for Valentines





Day. His boss told us we HAD to go to the temple, and so





arrangements were made. My rec. had expired, so my





cute neighbor who happened to be in the Stake Presidency





signed it for me at his home. I put in my pocket, and





finished up preparations. You know what happened. I





forgot to take it out of my pocket. So, I asked my mom as we





were driving to the airport to overnight it to the hotel. She did.





It arrived as hoped for! Well, wouldn't you know, that I opened it,





we went to Sea World that day, and when we came back, the maid





service had thrown it away accidentally. I was devastated. I know,





I know, I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT AWAY!! BUT... My cute husband





went dumpster diving, and FOUND IT!!! We were able to go after all,





and the San Diego Temple has been my favorite ever since.





Thanks Phillip for the best Valentines Day ever! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. What a story! I love the San Diego temple too! We were there with our family and my sister and her family and our little girls just think that temple is so princess-like! And don't we all have a crazy temple recommend story?!? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know he really loves you when he's willing to dumpster-dive! What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that story! Dumpster diving is true love!

    ReplyDelete